As outlined by the USAID Administrator, Dr. Rajiv Shah, it is USAID’s responsibility to ensure we are investing every dollar of American taxpayer money in the most effective, efficient and transparent way possible. USAID Forward reforms are designed to reach these goals while improving the effectiveness and sustainability of development.
Innovation is the USAID hallmark and results in breakthrough outcomes regularly. Innovation pulls people out of poverty, and enhances U.S. security, and accounts for 80% of countries’ long-term economic growth. It also provides new tools and methods for spreading democracy and improved governance.
Procurement Reform is about working more efficiently with smaller and more varied organizations so we can build capacity in countries and draw on the creativity and expertise of a wide range of professionals. [ learn more here ]
Monitoring and Evaluation:
Monitoring and Evaluation to improve USAID’s effectiveness and reinforce support from key stakeholders, the Agency must obtain, analyze, use and share meaningful information about program performance and impact. [learn more here or here]
Science and Technology:
Science and Technology for transforming USAID into the global leader in development by pioneering scientific, technological, research-motivated and innovative approaches to traditional development challenges. [ learn more here or here]
- Reconstruction of the
State University Hospital of Haiti
- The Government of Haiti has announced a call for proposals.
- New Press Release
- USAID’s HIFIVE/Haiti Mobile Money Initiative Announces that Mobile Money Services in Haiti Have Passed the One Million Transaction Milestones
- Local Governance Timeline
- Since the establishment of the 1987 constitution, USAID has worked to make decentralization and accountable local governance a reality in Haiti
- Saving Lives at Birth
- USAID is partnering to save lives at birth
Haiti at a glance
- 9.5 Million
- Creole, French
- GDP Growth
- 6.0% (2011)
- Gourde (approx. 40 to US$1.00)